Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve








Making Christmas cookies for Santa. I love doing this with the kids. Luke is more interested in eating the dough and icing than making the cookies. Ty really liked playing in the flour. Although it can be chaotic and I have to watch closely that no unwanted ingredients end up in the bowl, we have fun. Then they get to pick which cookies to leave out for Santa.

Dancing to some Christmas tunes.

So sweet. He was singing to her.

New pj's.
Our cookies for Santa.
Ready for bed.

I loved that we started a new tradition this year. I was again something taken from Jake's childhood. A few days before Christmas we took the boys shopping. We helped them each pick out a gift for each member of their family. We were sure that Luke would catch on and hopefully feel the spirit of giving. But little Ty got into it as well. He was so sweet picking gifts for Daddy and Lily and Luke. He really picked things they liked. Luke's insights into his family members was amazing. All by himself he picked a beautiful silver bracelet for me, a movie for Dad, and a copy of Ty's favorite show. We helped them wrap their gifts for each other on Christmas eve. As part of the evening we let me give their gifts. They were so adorable.

I really enjoy it being just our family on Christmas Eve. We have a yummy dinner of our favorite things. We listen/sing Christmas carols. Read the Christmas story. This year we watched the Polar Express. Usually Dad sings us some carols in Russian, which we forgot to do this year and I missed it. We also bear our testimonies of the Savior to the kids. Luke was very attentive this year during that part and he seemed touched by the spirit.

After the kids go to bed "Santa" gets to work wrapping. Jake and I always watch "It's a Wonderful Life" and then head off to bed.
Santa has come and we are ready for the morning.


No comments: