Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Quiet Book

For the past 6 months I have been working with my friend Sarah on creating a quiet book. It took us a long time. This is something I have wanted for all of my babies, but finally got around to making one for Lily. This is what she got for Christmas. The boys love it too though. Hopefully it will last.
Find the bugs hidden in the grass.
Matching patterns.
Match the animal to its pattern.
Match the animal to its home.
Build a sandwich, set the table, undo the buckle.
The stoplight.

Using snaps, learning shapes.
Button the flowers.
Flip photo books.
" What time is it?"
Lace the football.
Drive the car down the tracks.
Write a letter and mail it.

Dress the weather/season bear. Learn to use a zipper.

Tic-Tac-Toe
The cover. We actually split the pages between two covers to help out with fighting...hopefully. After all it is supposed to be a "quiet" book. We will see, first run is this Sunday.

4 comments:

Amy said...

That is adorable! I have been looking at these and thinking I should start making one now so she can have it by the time she is old enough to use it. Where did you find all your ideas?

Lisa said...

So cute and what a LOT of work between just two people! I made one of these when Jacob was a baby with a lot of similar pages, but yours is WAY cuter (and more modern). Good job!

jamatukk said...

Yeah you finished! I haven't even started mine. Kayla will be 30 when I get it done I am sure. You did an amazing job. Love it all. Britt

Natalie Walker said...

Wow. That looks like a TON of work! It is amazing!! I want one! Way to go! You were already at "supermom" status - now you've gone even beyond that. :)