Friday, July 1, 2011
Argh Matey! Luke is 6!
While I was visiting my sister in Kentucky (another post), Jake bought Lego Pirates of the Caribbean video game. My boys have been completely obsessed with all things pirates ever since. They love the movies. They can't wait for January when we go to Disneyland and they can ride the ride. So Luke decided that he wanted to have a Lego Pirate party. Here is what we came up with.
The invitations.

I made pirate hats for each of the kids.
Lego Treasure hunt. The kids followed a treasure hunt to find their loot. In each location they had to work together to build a different pirate related Lego creation. Each one included Lego instructions and the map for the next spot. They had tons of fun. I was worried with 12 kids this would get crazy. But they did a great job taking turns and working together to finally find the buried treasure. Inside they found pirate hats for each kid, beads, tattoos, gold coins and ring pops.
Make your own Lego Pirate. This was the biggest hit at the party. Luke and I came up with this idea together. Luke and Ty love to build random Lego guys. So I cut out "lego" pieces out of card stock. There were lots of options to choose from. Every kids was different and all their own choosing. So much fun!

In pirate dress ups. Don't what was wrong with the camera, but these pictures are not the greatest. Rrrrr.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Woman - you throw THE BEST parties ever!! I wish I was a kid just so I would be able to come! You are one amazing mama!
The cake is amazing! I love the tentacles!
Post a Comment