Luke LOVES to hunt for bugs! Anyone who knows me I am sure finds this humorous. I HATE bugs. For my avid readers you may remember that on Luke's birthday he got this cheap (Target dollar spot) bug collecting kit. That toy has served him through many a scavenge hunt of our yard for creepy crawlies. We have new neighbors who have two little boys. They are 7 and 9. They come over all the time with bugs they have caught to show Luke. They go all over the neighborhood gathering their spoils and trophies to present to Luke. It is so adorable.
Saturday morning Jake was getting our yard ready for fall and winter. We were doing some heavy duty trimming, weeding and cutting down. It looks nice, and was a ton of work (thanks babe!). Luke and his cohorts hit the jackpot! Dad helped them capture a praying mantis. Then they found a toad and captured that. They collected crickets to feed to the toad and they caught a caterpillar and a butterfly. They had SO much fun. Literally they spent two hours at least combing the yard for new treasures. It was so adorable to watch. I so wish I had thought to grab my camera and snatch some photos...alas, I did not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tres is the same way. He's always wanting to go outside and look for bugs.
Post a Comment