Monday, October 13, 2008

Just got back from the Windy City

Jake and I went to Chicago for the weekend. We had a great time. We stayed at the Hilton on Michigan Avenue. We walked around Millennium Park, went shopping at the huge Macy's that used to be Marshall Fields, saw Ben Folds in concert and went to Wicked. We had a great time walking around Michigan Avenue. It is so fun to be in the hustle and bustle of a big city. So many movies have been filmed there so it feels like you already know the city. There is so much to do and see but we opted to be leisurely and keep our car parked at the hotel. We walked around and visited little art stores, had a Chicago hot dog and Garrett's popcorn (something Chicago is known for). Thanks babe for a great weekend!


The "jelly bean" as Jake likes to call it. This is a interesting tourist attraction and piece of art. It reflects the city it such a neat way. When you are standing by it you can see the skyline of the city.


Inside the "jelly bean".
At F.A.O. Schwartz inside Macy's.
Wicked was fantastic. The Ford Theatre was breathtaking.

Looking down Michigan Avenue.

9 comments:

Holly said...

That looks like so much fun!! I love Chicago. What a nice little get away for the two of you. I am totally jealous that you got to see Wicked again. I keep telling Jackson that I want to see it. Maybe some day. Cute pictures. I love Jakes new glasses!!

Bryant P. Castleton said...

Looks like lots of fun! I feel like such a country bumpkin' since moving to Decatur. Sooner or later we gotta get back to the metro life!

Joe(y) Speredon said...

I miss Chicago. I was only there for 3/4 of a day, but it was a lot of fun. I love that park with the giant reflective bean. I'm glad you guys had fun.
http://speredon.blogspot.com/2008/02/chicago.html

Sarah said...

How Fun! So jealous too. You guys are so cute together.

Jake said...

You didn't mention the "other stuff" we did... *wink, wink*

Love ya, babe!

Michelle said...

Thanks for writing something for the sole purpose of embarrassing me. Love ya!

Heather said...

You know that you have editing priviledges Michelle--you could delete that. But don't worry--we all know that's why you went away.

I'm jealous--about the Chicago part. Love that place.

Jake said...

Heather, you're not only jealous about the Chicago part. Be honest...

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

fun! the windy city is pretty much the only major city in the US I haven't been to. i like your single jelly bean shot, you look cute.