Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patricks Day Fun





Green punch with green ice cubes.

Garlic and cheese mashed potatoes (green), cabbage and Steak. Next year I plan to try real corned beef.




Chocolate and Mint cookie dessert. This was the boys favorite part. Luke really did enjoy all of the green food. He helped make the pudding and the green ice cubes. We had fun. Next year I want to get "Darby O'Gill" on DVD to watch. Also, I need to get some of the fun Irish songs my Dad used to play when I was a little girl, (I thought of it too late this year).



3 comments:

Holly said...

So cute. I love the picture of Ty. I feel bad. I was so tired last night that my meal wasn't anything festive. Well I guess there was broccoli in the pasta. Anyway, next year I will try to do something fun like you.

Natalie Walker said...

Did you guys catch leprochauns? As a kid every year my dad would set a trap for a leprochaun. They love to eat peanut butter which is what we'd use for bait inside a card board box or basket. Knowing my dad you can guess how elaborate the traps might have been. The leprochauns are invisible until you grab them but you can see little tiny finger/hand prints made of peanut butter to know that they are inside. Somehow mom would always "accidentally" move the box containing the leprochaun which would set it free so we never got our hands on it. I can't want until Mia is old enough to trap leprochauns.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Darby O'Gill scares me!!! You are such a great mom! What a fun time!