Thursday, August 27, 2009

Getting Ready for Lily

I made her a set of 12 burp cloths this week.
Her nightstand. We painted it black and I added cute hardware. Made the new lamp shade.



Trying to get a good shot of the bedding. I am so pleased with how it turned out. I really think it looks so much like the picture (see previous post about Summer projects). I love the color of soft pink on the walls and in the sheets and bumper pad. Just what I wanted. So sweet, so girly. Jake thinks I am going to make her hate pink...but who cares. After two boys bring on the pink!


We are almost ready. As you can see her bed and bassinet are ready. Need to boil bottles, binkies etc. Wash all her clothes and blankets. Pack my hospital bag. But that is just about it. I would still like to get some soft sheer curtains and cute rod to finish things off. But that may need to wait a few weeks.
3 more weeks to go!



4 comments:

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Oh, how I wish I were there. The room is BEUTIFUL!! What a lucky baby girl!
ps We went to our first meeting with foster care in IL tonight!
Love you!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

PLEASE can we have a picture of you, so we can see Lily?

Amy said...

Her room is so cute. I can't wait for her to get here.

Caitlyn said...

Wow, you have gotten so much done since I left! It looks great! I see you got the piping figured out for the bumper pad... Haha, j/k!