Monday, June 28, 2010

"They Say It's Your Birthday"

Friday the 25th was Luke's 5th birthday. I kept thinking a lot the night before of 5 years previous. Instead of preparing cake, presents and such I had been preparing for induction. I was so excited for that day. I told Luke this year about how long we prayed and waited for him. I started to cry as I told him that the day he was born was one of the best days of my life. Having him made me a mother and Jake a father. It was the culmination of my life's dream. I have never wanted anything more. I am more than grateful for Luke. I wish that I was more eloquent at expressing the joy he has brought to our family. Luke, we love you more than you will ever know...that is until you one day have your very first little baby, then maybe you will understand. Happy Birthday you crazy kid!
Lily likes cake too!


Silly Daddy sporting one of the "prizes" from our evening at Chuck-E-Cheeses.

Delicious!


My handsome boy! Can't believe he is 5!




Mario cupcakes.



Going to Chuck-E-Cheeses.


Cute Tyger.


From Ty and Lily, a Mario shirt. "I got it!"


Star Wars toys. Jake and I commented that as the Mario obsession has taken hold, Luke has started to veer away from Star Wars. Kinda sad to me. We have enjoyed that with him. I think he will always like it and still play with his toys. But Mario is number one right now.



However, he was happy to get new sets of the Star Wars toys. I think he likes the idea a completing another set as much as anything.


Saturday night Jake and I took just Luke bowling and out for pizza. We decided when the kids turn 5 and from then on, around their birthday they get to have a special "date" with Mom and Dad doing something of their choice. We had a great time.

No comments: