We were supposed to go camping with the Speredons the last week in August. But of course as luck would have it, after waiting all summer for a weekend that worked it was supposed to rain all weekend. So the group opted to not camp in the rain and instead to have a "campout" in our playroom. We still roasted marshmellows-just in a firepit instead. And we still went fishing, which was going to be the Saturday afternoon activity. I was kinda bumbed it didn't work out...next year hopefully. I am not an outdoors girl. I am much more of a hotel and dinner and a movie kind a gal...so is my husband. But, we want our kids to have those experiences. Next year we will be more prepared. But they had lots of fun and didn't seem to care.

The kiddos.

Roasting marshmellows.


Playing in the rain.

Fishing. We caught three fish.

Ty liked it more than Luke. Luke was a little hesitant when we caught the fish. All the wriggling around made him nervous.

Tres LOVED it!
1 comment:
Awesome job "camping" *ahem*... Just kidding! I bet the kids still loved it either way.
Post a Comment