Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Our Fabulous Florida Trip!

We had such a fantastic vacation. They were so many wonderful parts it is hard to put is all down. The boys loved being able to be with family they don't get to see as often. Nee-Nee and Papa, Uncle Taka, Aunt Caitie and Baby Cloe. Luke keeps asking about them and talking about them.

Nee-Nee and Papa's house is a child's fantasy playground. Beautfully landscaped and right on the water. With acreage to explore-on a golf cart no less, a chicken coop, a boat and fishing off the back deck we were never at odds for things to do. To top it all off we were minutes away from Pensacola Beach, the Air force Museum, and the Pensacola Zoo. Nee-Nee and Papa spoiled us with TONS of yummy good old fashioned southern food and warm hospitality. Ty has never eaten so much ever--boy did they have a great time feeding him anything and everything, especially those butter beans!! Luke LOVED the ocean and the beach! We had to use considerable force to keep him from just completely throwing himself in. We went twice, once in clothes just see it. Luke was completely drenched-head to toe, and so was Jake. When we went back again, we got the same response. We were surprised he wasn't scared of the ocean. It was so fun to see him experience that for the first time. Our last day there we went boating. Everyone was sore for days from attempting to water ski. Luke loved it when the boat went fast when we were pulling Jake skiing. We got to see a lot of extended family as well in Atmore, Alabama and with Dolly and Tubby (Grandma's Aunt and Uncle) there in Pensacola. Luke spent as much time as possible with the chickens-usually feeding them anything and everything he could find to stick through the holes in the coop. Every morning Luke raced to the chicken coop to collect the eggs with which Grandma would make me my favorite potato salad, mmmm...

I can't begin to express how much fun we had, we can't wait to go back and we miss everyone so much since we left. Thanks so much Grandma and Grandpa for having us-we will never forget it.

4 comments:

Joe(y) Speredon said...

Very cool trip. I'm jealous. So when did Jake get Top Gun sunglasses? Do you call him Maverick or Goose?

Sarah said...

So fun! I'm jealous as well. But glad you had a good time. I can't believe how big the boys are. Especially Ty. He's so chubby, I love it!

p.s. thanks for updating:)

Holly said...

That trip looks like so much fun!!! We miss you and hope to see you this year.

Natalie Walker said...

It looks like an awesome trip and awesome time with family. I love the pictures. I can't believe how big both the boys are getting. I'm glad you had a good time. It's nice to have you post again, I missed hearing from you.