Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Rough, Tumble... ER





I have been meaning to update...some of you already know this, but Ty had his first ER visit last Friday. He was playing with Luke's Star Wars toys and I think, (I had just stepped out of the room-a fact which haunts me),he pulled himself up and lost his balance. He fell into the corner of the Star Wars Arena and popped open the skin right between his eyes. He was so tough. It was REALLY deep. He barely cried. He even started falling asleep while they did the dermabond glue (the equivalent of liquid stiches). Then they got a little in his eye and it started to seal shut. They got the glue out; that was the only time he fussed through the whole process. He is doing just fine and seems to be healing nicely. He will have a little scar there...why is it always the face???


One of the great blessings in all of this is our FANTASTIC neighbors. We feel so blessed to have bought this house. Our neighbors have been such a great source of comfort to us. They are our friends and in a lot of ways our family away from family. Luke LOVES them. And they really love and dote on our boys. I ran over to the house the moment this all happened. They helped me get packed up to go to the hospital and give Ty some medicine. Then they kept Luke for us, helped him go potty, gave him treats, played Barbies with him and let him watch his favorite movies. They are so sweet to us all. I feel so grateful to my Heavenly Father for all of his tender mercies.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Poor kid! And thrush coming back too, not fun. I have to say, I totally think he looks like Luke in those pictures. I always said he looks like Jake, but I'm not sure anymore. But he's definitely so darn cute!

Holly said...

Poor kid. I hope that he is doing ok. He has really had a rough go of thing lately. Give him some extra loves from me. I am so glad that you have such great neighbors. What a blessing to have them there for you. Great neighbors are such live savers. Love you all.

Natalie Walker said...

Scary! I'm glad he's okay, poor kid.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow...knocking on wood that we have never had to go to the ER. don't be haunted that you left the room, things happen. and please, do tell about the star wars "arena" is that a toy, or just area of your home?

Michelle said...

The Star wars arena is just a toy graciously handed down from the Deshlers. It looks like the arena in Epsidoe 2 when they are on Geonosis. That was funny, I never thought of having a hole area of the house devoted to it. However, the Star Wars toys are taking over, I may have to consider it.