Saturday, August 30, 2008

Rise and Shout!

The BYU mania has officially ensued at our house. Leading up to today there has been much anticipation and excitement-mostly from my hubby. I don't think that very many people understand Jake and his obsessive fanaticism. BYU football season means several things at our house:
1. Watch out if they loose. We have a 24 hour fall-out period. No one should come within a 5 mile radius during this time. This I know-depression is contagious!
2. Sleeping babies WILL be woken up during the fourth quarter. Also, at least once a season my youngest will always be drawn to tears as Daddy's screams break the sound barrier.
3. College football is a week long event. Thursday games, Sports Beat Sunday and the Bronco Mendenhall hour, Monday news articles, Friday night games and of course ALL day Saturday.
4. If they win-there may be crying (and there has been-like a little girl! Not from me!).
5.Saturdays should always be kept clear from all activities that do not include College Game-Day and checking the other various games throughout the day. Needless to say, that kick-off for the BYU game each week is almost a sacred moment-almost!
6. There will always be nachos and Mountain Dew.

Alright, so I have been teasing my wonderful husband. Not that these things aren't true, but truthfully, I enjoy the memories we have of fall and football season. I have become a true BYU fan. Growing up my dad followed only NFL. But even in college I always gravitated to BYU during games. Once I went on a date with a guy to a BYU vs. Utah game. It happened to be LaVell Edwards last game. Even though the kid was a Ute fan and the game was at Utah, I cheered for BYU. I always wanted to attend BYU or Ricks (even though that is not the way things worked out). I know that if we ever move back to Utah, for the rest of our lives we will have season tickets.

So I say...
Ra, ra, ra, ra, ra
Ra, ra, ra, ra, ra
Ra, ra, ra, ra, ra,
GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I so wish you guys were here! I don't think anybody else understands-like you said. As I was getting treats ready I thought about calling you to see if you were doing the same thing. We miss you, especially during this time. I think we make it more bearable at times for each other. But soon enough right?! :)

Joe(y) Speredon said...

I love that not being together during this time is being treated by the four of us like there has been a death in the family and we can't console each other. You guys are great!