Monday, August 4, 2008

Tyger, rappidly approaching 1!






I forgot to post on Saturday and give updates on Ty. He turned 11 months old. I can't believe how much he is growing and growing. A lady on Sunday said to me "I don' t know what you are feeding this kid, but it is WORKING!" He really has chunked up in the last month. He is wearing is 12-18 month clothes now. I think that part of the reason he looks so chunky is because-poor kid-he got his mom's height. He is only 15% for height. Plus he has a really round head and Swensen cheeks, but still, he is a porker.

He climbs stairs and anything else he can. Boy, that kid is ALL arm strength!! He trys to climb on ANYTHING!

His new favorite trick is standing up in the middle of the room all by himself. Which once accomplished he looks around for recognition with a huge smile on his face. He also now bends over to pick up toys. He wants to do EVERYTHING standing up. Even drink his bottle standing up. He was doing it on Saturday, but by the time I got the camera out he was done. He is getting really close to walking. Today he was standing up in my bathroom, and he took one step forward and stayed steady. So adorable. He happened to be naked as a jay bird when he did it too. It somehow made it so much cuter. Fat naked babies are adorable.

He loves to wrestle with Luke and play-you guessed it- Star Wars toys. Mostly I am sure it is because he just wants to do whatever Luke is doing, and that is usually playing Star Wars.

He says Mama, Dada, and is starting to wave bye-bye and hi.

I can already sense that he is going to be a little spit-fire. He is very determined, dramatic, and a little CRAZY! ha ha. He is such a joy. I keep thinking about last summer at this time. I was so anxious to be done being pregnant, and now I can't see where the year has gone. He feels like he has always been a part of us.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

He wouldn't be your kid if he wasn't determined, dramatic and a little crazy! hehe He sure is sooo cute though. And thanks for the adorable outfit for Rock. I promise I'm going to call you.

Holly said...

I can't believe that we were at your house a year ago. It seems like it wasn't that long ago. Ty has always been cute but man he is just to cute to handle now! I love that you think he is so cute naked. I love naked babies (or toddlers) too!! Jackson thinks it is weird but I love them. Give him a love from me.

Natalie Walker said...

Look at his teeth!! He has gotten so big and he is SO adorable. He looks like he would be so fun to cuddle, the little chub. I can't believe how time has flown.

Brenda said...

Hey Michelle, Jake and Boys, it's Brenda Ninow. I am checking out your blog because we want to start our own and because I wanted to see how you guys are doing. Your boys are getting so big. I think that's awesome that you got one that looks like each of you. So cute! Everyone thinks our boys look just like Robbie.
I hope you guys are doing well, it seems like forever since we've seen all of you. I need to be better at keeping in touch.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

2 boys so close are the best. my 2 boys are best friends might as well be siamese twins. its fun to watch the younger adore the older one. he is so cute, i want to cuddle him.