Monday, September 1, 2008

Cougar Football Party!

We had so much fun Saturday night watching the BYU game (yes, we got Direct TV just so that we could get "The Mountain" all the way out here.) Our friends, the Castletons, came over. It is great for Jake to have another avid fan to watch the games with. We are so glad they have moved to Decatur-we know they will get used to it!
We had yummy nachos-thanks Becca, pizza and I made BYU cookies. The kids LOVE to play together. I am so glad that Luke and Grace will be in the same preschool class this fall. Here are some cute pics of our kids together.

These came out kinda blurry. I had taken the flash off when I was taking pictures of the cookies. I forgot to put it back on. Oops. Still cute though.
Grace and Luke eating nachos. They are so funny together.

Little Lilly. Couldn't you just eat her up? She was so sweet. She fell asleep on my lap at the end of the fourth quarter.
Adorable Grace!
My masterpiece cookies. Well, not really. But they did turn out quite nicely. I was pleased. My first attempt at homemade sugar cookies. I am not a big cookie person. Also, I have never had much success when making them. Then my friend here gave me a great tip I had never heard of. I am sure so many of you already know, but, set the butter out for about 20 minutes at room temperature before mixing. Also, I think that my new Kitchenaid mixer helped.
Oh, ya and they won! Everyone happy here!! There was a questionable word spoken during the third quarter-by whom I won't say. But all in all, a great night. Thanks guys for coming!

2 comments:

Jake said...

Well you would to if you saw Hall get nailed in the endzone to cause a fourth fumble in the quarter! Stupid Matt Reynolds doesn't now how to read a corner blitz.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

It really was a fun night!! The pictures did turn out super cute! I to am so happy our kids get along so well. We all need our 'normal friends'!