Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Life

Today I have been doing a lot of thinking. A dear friend of mine lost her little girl yesterday. She was almost 2. I can't begin to express how my heart aches for their family. My thoughts have been continually with them since finding out. I pray that our Heavenly Father will sustain them in the months ahead.
It has rocked me a little to be honest. Besides the pain I feel for my friend and her family, I feel vunerable. The life that we live here hangs on by a very small thread. In an instant lives are changed. I know it may seem spiritually or emotionally immature, but I feel terrified of what may or may not be in store for us down the road. Have you ever been in a place where everything is going great and you think-"Things are perfect!" At times like that I always wonder what the next step in our purpose here will be. I am not sure if I am making any sense. But I think most of you have been there.

Please pray for my friend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you are feeling. The day after Christmas one of the girls in my ward came home to find her husband dead. I had so many thoughts run through my head and I was so overwhelmed by emotions. Life really is a fragile thing and we need to not take anything for granted.

Michelle said...

Who left the anonymous comment?

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Wow, who did leave the anonymous comment. I know how you feel. I am so sorry.