Last Friday night we celebrated Ty and Lily's Birthday. So fun!Our first attempt at the dual birthday phenomenon. Super fun! Happy Birthday to my two sweet babies!! I can't believe they are so big! Where did our year go?

We took them to
McDonalds on the 2
nd--their actual birthday. But with that night being a school night and our last night of baseball we opted to celebrate on Friday night.


Nice Luke! :) Boys are gross.

My late night creations. I thought they turned out pretty awesome! My sister, Heidi, made the vinyl for me for the crown.


"Batman, ah Bee and Bode!" Translation--Batman, the Brave and the Bold! Ty's favorite show.

Ty helping
make the cake....

Now helping
destroy the cake Friday morning...below is how he looked when he came up to find me. I was distracted and on the phone...honestly having a rough morning and I
forgot the cakes were sitting out...Ty however did not!

Gotta love that face!

Double Trouble!



Birthday Boy and Girl!

Birthday silliness!



I LOVE this picture! My boys really are best friends. In fact I asked Ty if he wanted a party with friends for his birthday. He said "no, just Lukey". So sweet.

PIZZA! Yum!


Cake anyone?I can't believe how much she ate! Too funny!


Seriously that giant hole in the cake is ALL HER!


Ty got an MP3 player. He loves it! Daddy put all of Ty's favorite songs on it. For example:
GhostbustersYellow Submarine
Duck Tales
What's This (From the Nightmare Before Christmas-one of his favorite movies--I know, strange.)
BYU fight song
Harry Potter Theme
You've Got a Friend in Me
and "Mario Music" which is the music Dad compiled for Luke's birthday party.

His grin got bigger and bigger with each song he heard. Priceless!


Batman guys from Luke.

Her baby stroller/walker. She is really great at walking with it, but still won't take a step unless she is holding onto something. Notice how she is sitting with Daddy? He is her FAVORITE person in world. I love to watch them play together.

She loves the crown.

New books! She loves books!

A baby doll from Luke.

Lily was really getting into the opening.
We had a really great time. I had a fare amount of anxiety leading up to this day. I mulled over how to make it special for them both. Plus it was a big milestone for Lily, and I always feel like that first birthdays are extra special. I know it seems silly, but it has bothered me for a whole year. Everyone I know who knows someone who shares a birthday with their sibling says that they love it, but still I worried. Now after a year of worrying, it was GREAT! So special, so funny, so unique. I hope they will always love it. I hope that they will always share a bond because of it. September 2nd is a pretty awesome day for me. I get to celebrate two of my miracles. I couldn't ask for more!!
7 comments:
Those cakes are awesome! You seriously need to think about starting your own cake business!! We miss having you guys near by. Did I tell you the position in Syracuse reopened? Who knows, maybe we'll be neighbors again! hahaha :)
You did such a good job on their birthdays. I loved it! I feel so bad you were on the phone with me with the whole cake disaster, but you got some awesome photos because of it. Can't believe our baby girls are ONE! Love ya Britt
The cakes are awesome! It's so great that you were able to make each of the birthdays special.
You do such a great job!! See there was nothing to worry about. They will always have special birthdays because you are their mom. You seriously need to help me with Alex's birthday next time.
Fantastic Job Michelle!! I share a birthday with my brother and it was never a problem. Now that we're older, we love it! It has created a special bond between the two of us - definitely.
You are an amazing mom!! They are so stinkin cute!! What a beautiful family you are!
You're so clever!
Post a Comment