
When I first met Jake I remember thinking that he was way out of my league. From that first flirtatious introduction in our singles ward I was lost to his charm. However, always being surrounded by other girls at church, I was usually to intimidated to approach. However, he always found little ways to reel me back in, paying just enough attention to me to keep my interest sparked. It worked because I obviously couldn't resist too long, for soon I asked him on a date to Lagoon. Thus history was made. I was so impressed by his maturity-at least in things that really mattered, but at the same time he wasn't afraid to be his silly self. I had never met anyone so confident yet humble, funny and engaging but casual. Anyway, I was hooked-all the way. I am grateful to say that he was too. As we continued to date I remember feeling constantly overwhelmed that HE like ME! In my eyes he was too good to be true and I didn't deserve him. I still feel that way almost 7 years later.
As we have grown together throughout our journey I love him even more. He is a great Husband, Father, Son, Son-in-law, Brother, Brother-in-law, Uncle and Friend. Here are a few of my favorite photos of him.

I think that my boys literally are the luckiest little boys in the whole world because he is the BEST dad in all the world (sorry to all of you who thought it was your dad/husband) nope- Jake takes the cake!!!! Hay it even rhymes. Well hopefully I have gushed enough. I love you Jake more than I could ever say. Happy Birthday!
6 comments:
Thanks, babe. I'm nothing without you. 143
Jake--we think that you are pretty great too. We could ask for anyone more perfect for Michelle. Enjoy your day.
I enjoyed your stroll down memory lane...it was fun to watch "you guys" unfold. I still think you are a perfect couple and I can't imagine anyone better for Michelle.
Happy Birthday, Jake! We love you and miss you both!
It was cute of you to post this about Jake. You two are a wonderful compliment to each other. I hope he has the best birthday. Oh, Jackson also really hopes that Jake likes his present.
Happy Birthday Jake! We love you too, and since I was already taken, I'm glad you settled for Michelle! :) You guys are the best!
He's so cute! Hope it was a fabulous day. love you!
Post a Comment