We have also been working a lot outside. Planting flowers and bushes, ripping out old dying parts of the existing landscape and trimming and weeding....etc. etc. We have both spent many hours outside trying to improve the yard. You should have seen us trying to rip up this stubborn old bush--wow. That was a workout! There is no way we got ALL the roots. But hopefully it doesn't sprout while we are still here. What a beast! All in all the yard is really coming along nicely. However I am waiting to post a picture of my flowers until they really take off. Come on Miracle Grow! I have never had a garden/yard before and I really enjoy the payoff of a nice looking yard. I am no where near the fanatic that my Dad is, but I still like a well kept yard. I did manage to kill the impatiens I planted in this adorable copper planter I got for the front porch . I watered them too much-they rotted. I didn't think about the fact that they didn't drain in that type of planter-oops. I am nursing them along-a few might make it, but they are in severe condition...it is touch and go.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Home Improvements
We have also been working a lot outside. Planting flowers and bushes, ripping out old dying parts of the existing landscape and trimming and weeding....etc. etc. We have both spent many hours outside trying to improve the yard. You should have seen us trying to rip up this stubborn old bush--wow. That was a workout! There is no way we got ALL the roots. But hopefully it doesn't sprout while we are still here. What a beast! All in all the yard is really coming along nicely. However I am waiting to post a picture of my flowers until they really take off. Come on Miracle Grow! I have never had a garden/yard before and I really enjoy the payoff of a nice looking yard. I am no where near the fanatic that my Dad is, but I still like a well kept yard. I did manage to kill the impatiens I planted in this adorable copper planter I got for the front porch . I watered them too much-they rotted. I didn't think about the fact that they didn't drain in that type of planter-oops. I am nursing them along-a few might make it, but they are in severe condition...it is touch and go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Very cute! Leave it to you, miss decorator. I can't wait to see your yard. That's alot of work!
I'm assuming your doing this to enjoy it while you're there and then to increase it's appeal when you put it up for sale next month. It looks great. Maybe you should go into business as a decorator.
I agree with Joey! :) I'm so excited for our yard to take shape. Hopefully it'll be pretty for when you come and help me with decorating ideas for when we win the lottery! LIving room is soo cute. Love the artwork.
Ooh, looks great!! I love that artwork!
I love the artwork. Where did you get it? Can't wait to see you.
Post a Comment