Thursday, June 12, 2008

Whirlwind vacation

We really enjoyed our vacation to Salt Lake. It was quick and absolutely full to the brim of fun and enjoyable moments. Our main purpose was to attend a wedding of a very close friend. We are so happy Adam and his new wife, Lynnette. I love attending sealings. It always makes me think of our own wedding and the beautiful promises we received.

We had so much fun seeing both sides of the family and a few close friends as well. All of our nieces and nephew have gotten so big. Thank you to all of you who made yourselves available so that we could see you. We miss you all already and can't wait to see you again hopefully soon-with all of us!

We missed Luke terribly (he stayed in Louisville with his Deshler cousins and Aunt Heather and Uncle Reed). He didn't miss us very much though, when we went to pick him up he called us Uncle Jake and Michelle. Then he laughed and called us Mom and Dad. The look on his face was priceless when he saw us, ( I know he really did miss us) but I am so grateful that he has such a great relationship with them. It was pretty horrible timing for them, they are trying to move, but they helped us out and took great care of him. Apparently, Luke started calling Uncle Reed "Dad" out of habit. So cute! He loves them all. As an extra bonus their Grandma (Grandma Deshler) came to visit and Luke attached himself quickly to her and started calling her Grandma. He was so cute with her too. He told us that he has lots of Grandmas. Thanks again Heather and Reed.

2 comments:

Natalie Walker said...

I don't think I realized you were taking a trip to Salt Lake. I wish we were still there so I could have seen you!! I'm sure you had a great time.

Heather said...

No problem--we loved having him. If it hadn't been for our craziness this week, I know the house would have been so quiet without him.