Friday, June 13, 2008

Jake's new calling

Two weeks ago Jake was called to be the second counselor in the Elders Quorum Presidency. I am really excited for him and this new opportunity. He has never served in the Elders Quorum. I know that he will do a great job. Last night they had there first presidency meeting. He was really fired up about there role in the ward and the missionary opportunities serving in this capacity affords. It was really special when they set him apart. During his blessing he was promised with health to be able to serve. The boys and I were promised with an extra measure of strength to be able to carry on at home when he was away. Finally, what stuck out to both of us...he was promised that as he served faithfully in his calling and truly magnified it, he would be lead in the right direction according to his career. That is such a comfort to us. As many know, we feel like it is time to start looking for a new job. Hearing that, and also a recent spiritual confirmation to Jake that it was time to really be aggressive in this matter, makes it easier to trudge ahead even if we are uncertain of the outcome. I am so grateful for Jake and his testimony of the gospel. I am so glad that my boys have a great example to look to of hard work both spiritually, educationally, and in the work force.

3 comments:

Jake said...

Thanks, babe. You're sweet.

Callie said...

Elvin has the Same Calling! He's been doing it for almost a year. I do miss him on Sundays, but what he does for the ward is really important. Good luck!

Holly said...

Jake will be awesome at it. What a great opportunity for your family. I know that it will hard but it will be worth. It amazing to see how our callings can help us learn more about ourselves and our capacity to grow. We miss you all!!!