Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I've been tagged

I was tagged by my friend, Natalie. So, here is a little info about my hubby and me...
What is his name? Larry Jacob Swensen.
How long have you been together? Married just over six years.
How long did you date? We dated for 5 months total with engagement! We were quick!
Who eats more? Currently me, and probably usually a toss up. I am still nursing-so consuming more calories...or at least that is my excuse and Jake is on a diet and doing a fantastic job at it. Already down 15 lbs.
Who said "I love you" first? I did. He said it right after.
Who is taller? Lets think about this...anyone who knows me knows it isn't a hard feat to be taller than me...so Jake.
Who is smarter? I'd say it's Jake. Really I think that is true. I am not saying that I am not smart, but at least in IQ tests and other standardized testing he scores a lot higher than me. But we both add something to the relationship and I don't think that it is unbalanced.
Who does the laundry? 95% me, and 5% Jake. I feel that it is mostly my responsibility because I am the one home.
Who sleeps on the right? When we were first married we didn't have set sides of the bed. We were constantly changing it, depending on who got up first. But now he always sleeps on the side next to the alarm clock, so the left.
Who does the dishes? Again me. But we have a nice little system of chores. I put up on our dry erase board the chores I need his help with. At first I thought that this seemed to bossy/elementary/silly. But hey, don't knock what works. This way I feel less stressed, he knows what I need-no guessing games. Everyone is happy.
Who pays the bills? Me.
Who mows the lawn? Jake does almost all the outside stuff.
Who cooks dinner? Jake hates to cook. So always me. But I don't mind. I love cooking dinner for my family. He has had to watch me evolve in the kitchen, but is always supportive and grateful for whatever I make. The great thing about Jake is that he could care less what we eat, even if it is cereal night because Mom has had it. Although, I do think that he is getting a little pickier-he says it is because I am getting better.
Who is more stubborn? I love this question, and babe, don't hate me. But HIM definitely. But he is really working on it. I have my stubborn side, believe you me, but, still its Jake.
Who kissed who first? That would be me. What can I say? I was not usually like that, but I couldn't resist his charm I guess. Plus he had been teasing me for weeks, his whole goal was to try and get me to kiss him first. He won. See, the stubborn thing.
Who proposed? Jake, at Temple Square, December 4, 2001. It was beautiful.
Who has more siblings? Jake beats me hands down. 8 to 3.
Who wears the pants? Well, we both wear pants..ha ha. I think that Jake and I are an equal partnership with various roles but the same goal. As strong willed as we both are, we truly care about the others happiness and well-being above all, and respect each others opinions as well. But I feel that he is the leader of our home, which he does well with love, respect and the guidance of our Heavenly Father.

I tag Caitlyn, Callie, Sarah, and Heidi....(Heather I didn't tag you because you hate it).

P.S. Callie and Caitlyn, when you are tagged you just highlight this post on my blog, right click, copy and paste into a new post on your blog. Then change my answers to yours.

2 comments:

Joe(y) Speredon said...

If you guys lived here or we lived there, this post could serve as a whole night of entertainment as we hung out and discussed this. My favorites were the stubborn ? and who wears the pants.

I'm counting on Jake for a hilarious remark in the comments section.

Natalie Walker said...

Thanks for playing along. I hope you don't mind tags... (if you do you can tell me). I already knew almost all of your answers but it's still fun to go over them. I didn't know that Jake was the more stubborn one but I guess I could have come to that conclusion if I had thought about it longer.