Saturday, March 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma Ball

Oh, Grandma, how we miss you. You are one of the nicest and sweetest people I know. I love you so much and I really do miss you. I loved it when you came to see us last July. I treasure the times and memories we have shared. I will always remember how you used to let us choose your lipstick and comb your hair and pick out earrings to wear, and often wear some ourselves. Your house was always fun because we could open up as many cereal boxes as we wanted-which was a big deal at our house. Pick out special placemats, play in tons of dress-up clothes and play lots of old games. Now I see you loving our children and all of your great-grandchildren. I feel so privileged to be your granddaughter. I love you.

Bringing Beads to Brooklyn when she broke her leg.
July 2007, Decatur, IL
With Luke in the hospital

1 comment:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

hey--I never got to pick out lipstick! I do remember those old games (the bunny one) and placemats though. Love her:) We are lucky.