Today I decided to take Luke to the mall to play on the indoor jungle gym. I felt like he needed some exercise and a change of pace for the day. The area is for children 42" and smaller. The last two times I have taken him there it is full of BIG kids. Last time it was full of probably 12 year olds and today there were seceral kids pushing my height-I know that isn't saying a whole lot as far as height goes-but still way to big to be running and jumping off of the equipment. What gets me so fired up about it is that the parents are sitting there, watching there kids almost clobber (? spelling) the little kids. I was sitting on the side holding Ty when this girl fell right into me and Ty. I was so ticked! Then the big kids wouldn't let Luke down one of the slides. I have been to public playgrounds before and there are always those who don't obey the rules, a few bullies and oblivious parents. But I swear it is worse here. Almost everytime I go out in public I am amazed at the lack of class, courtesy and respect around here. It is absolutely ridiculous. I feel like a fish out of water most of the time. I know that nowhere is perfect, but for those of you who think we exaggerate our town, I affirm that it really is THAT bad!
Jake was talking to his boss the other day about the customer service here. Holt, is from Mineapolis. He was laughing so hard at the stark contrast in customer service. I swear people here do not know the definition. Most people we know that are transplants here just like us say the same thing about the town. And to those of you who have so graciously visited us, you understand a little. My sister, Heather, always makes me feel good about backing me up on this-the town is a hole! I know that some of you try to make me feel good about it and say that is couldn't possbily be that bad, but it is. I just feel bad for Jake. I know that whenever I run into issues out and about it is frustrating, but these people are his every day world. They are his employees and his donors. Every day he is constantly reminded of the yucky things of the world. He gets threats and there have been some altercations in and outside his work, one knife fight. A lot of his donors are just completely living off of the government with no desire to better themselves, comletely no self-worth or sense of inner pride. I know dealing with that day in and day out is so taxing on Jake. I love him so much for working so hard for our family.
Sorry to complain. I actually just meant to post about the stupid people at the mall and this kinda turnded into a "I hate Decatur" gripe session. Thanks for the therapy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Well, I hope none of your Decatur friends read your blog. I know it's not the best town, but unfortunately they do not have a monopoly on rudeness.
Sorry for the rough day. Just remember, you are where the Lord wants you right now. :)
I agree with Heather. That was a really negative post! Keep up the positivity - at least that's what President Hinkley tells us.
I'm sorry! I was just going to agree with you, but after reading your and Heather's comments I feel stupid. I miss you, I guess thats why. Hopefully you'll be back soon. But be happy anyway.
For those of you who might be reading my comments-that was actually Jake that posted the second comment. I guess he and Heather are right. And just so you know, no one here has my blog address.
I just miss home I guess! love you all. What would I do without you.
sorry about the people at the mall. I know that i get easily ticked off too. I think that I am thoughtful of others and get so frustrated when other people don't. Just think of the example that you can be to them. You can do it--Go Nephi--I will go and do.
I am so sorry that it is hard for you guys there. Please know that we are praying for you and that the Lord sometimes puts us difficult situations so we can see how strong we truely are. We love you!!!!
Post a Comment