Saturday, January 19, 2008
Small Miracles
Today I am thankful for small miracles. To be brief for some reason over the last three days Ty has been unable to sleep. Whether it was nap time or bedtime he just couldn't sleep more than an hour and then he would wake up screaming. I was having a really hard time with it. Mostly because I couldn't stand to see my normally easy, content and generally happy baby so upset. Then sleep deprivation kicked in and I was feeling very close to the end of my rope. I feel a little silly for admitting that it only took 3 days, but I was out of ideas, patience and sanity. Last night in desperation I had Jake give him a blessing. I figured that we had tried everything else. You should have seen the poor kid. His eyes had bags under them, literally. His eyes were totally red and everything about his demeanor said utter exhaustion. So how did things pan out? 12 hours of sleeping, only breaking twice to eat. I feel so grateful that our prayers were answered. I swear, as a Mom, I don't know how I would make it from day to day without prayer. I feel so blessed to have a worthy priesthood holder in my home and the fact that that is coupled with a loving, concerned and hands on father is beyond a blessing. I don't know what I would do without Jake. I guess this wasn't very brief, but it is because I am truely grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so happy for Ty and hope that you will get to catch up on some sleep too. I know first hand how frustrating the no sleep thing can be.
That's so sweet. These are great stories from our lives to have saved. When little Ty is a dad, doing the same thing in his family, it will be great for him to know about how his parents cared for him!
Poor little guy! Glad he's doing better. Hopefully you are too.
I can just picture his sweet little face with bags under his eyes. Thank Heavens for the priesthood/prayers. And also for wonderful husbands - we're both lucky in that regard. I hope you can continue to catch up on your sleep - I know I'm a little behind in writing this compared to when you posted it but I know it sometimes takes a little while to catch back up.
Post a Comment