Thursday, February 28, 2008

Alas, just when you think you have everything under control...

Well, I have to say, yesterday was a great day. I was so productive. The house was clean, the boys stuck to their schedule like clockwork, I talked to some of my favorite people and Jake came home from work early. The night before I prayed so hard for help to feel more like things were within managed chaos, and it really helped. Plus, it prepared me for today. Back to the drawing board. Schedules all over the place, Ty won't sleep... but at least the house is still clean. Isn't life funny? I think that I have come to the realization that the reason you have days both ways is to enjoy the journey. One day they won't be this age anymore..in fact tomorrow they won't be...and I will miss it. I am grateful for the love of my Heavenly Father who knows me perfectly. I just keep reminding myself something that my sister said, "I am living my dream." I truly wouldn't want it any other way...even if from 2:30 am to 5:30 am I got 20 minutes of sleep! They are my angels and I am so grateful they are my family. I am so blessed. As a side note, when I finally got back in bed this morning at 5:30 I said a little prayer begging for just 2 more hours of sleep, knowing that without them I would be a scary sight of unravelling emotions, and 2 1/2 hours later Luke woke me up. Thank heavens for tender mercies.

5 comments:

Joe(y) Speredon said...

I think me and you are very similar Michelle. We get caught up in thinking about the "next step" or the "next thing" You are very right that the key to happiness is that right now is the happiest time of life, whenever that time may be. Of course, the true happiest time is when you guys get your butts back to UT. :)

Michelle said...

joey, you made me laugh.

Heidi said...

I think that you have some great perspective on the ups and downs of being a mom.

Heather said...

What is weird to me, is now I'm the one starting to tell people--it will be over before you know it. Still wrapping my brain around the fact Zoe is getting registered for Kindergarten.

Sarah said...

Totally feel your craziness. Tres and Ellie aren't sleepin well at all. And I'm super frustrated. But thanks for all the reminders that right now is always the time to enjoy! I love you