Wednesday, February 13, 2008
I love FHE
I have been meaning to post about this for several weeks, but just finally have gotten to it. I have to say that I love having family home evening. It has been a goal of ours to make sure that we are having it every week. Before the first of the year it was sporatic, but since we haven't missed a week yet. I LOVE IT! Luke is so fun. He will go and get his little chair and sit on it when we tell him we are doing family night. Jake and I trade off doing the lesson and activity. I love teaching Luke simple gospel principles. Then we try to teach him a new primary song that goes with the lesson. He now sings "Nephi's Courage" and "Follow the Prophet".I really look forward to Mondays because I know that we will be doing something fun that we all enjoy. One week we taught Luke to play hide-and-seek. Sometimes we will rent a kid friendly movie like "Meet the Robinsons" or this week we watched the "Aristocats". Another week we filmed Luke with all the songs that he can sing. Then we always have a special treat. I love it because it is fun, but it really does change the atmosphere in our home. I am grateful for this inspired council.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great post, babe! I love it too. But, it's "sporadic" and "haven't"...
143
I think that it's awesome that you guys are doing it so faithfully. Shawn and I have been trying to but I have to admit that our efforts have been "sporadic." But I have noticed a different spirit it in our home when we try. Way to go!
Post a Comment