Friday, February 1, 2008

Let it Snow!

Well, we have finally gotten a big winter storm here. Overnight we got about a 18" of snow. Now that is a lot of snow at one time, but people here are so funny about it. I know that snow here is not unusual, but they are still so preoccupied with it when it happens. Those of you in Utah will laugh because I know that you guys keep getting hit with storms like this. But all the schools are closed, Jake's employees wanted the center to be closed. They cancelled the church meetings for last night too. Of course I think that it is good to be safe, but people are so funny, they act like the world stops because of the storm. Jake and I were laughing about it because we both remember only ONE snow day for school all through high school, and then they wanted us to do a make up day. We just thought it was pretty funny the differences.If they closed things down everytime there was a bad storm in Utah they could never get anything done. So I guess Jake will get to use the new shovel we bought, for the second time this winter. I'll bet you Utah residents are feeling a little jeolous about that. So I guess I am grateful that we missed this winter in Utah and I am really grateful that I don't live in Alaska (like Caitie and Ben)she said it was -40 a few days ago. BRRRRRR!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I can't believe that this is only your second storm of the season!! We have been hauled with storm after storm lately. We got a big one last night and we have another one coming Saturday night. At least we have wonderful neighbor who keep blowing off our drive way with their snow blower. Every strom we have had someone helps with our sidewalks and our driveway. It is wonderful to have them! Stay warm. Love you all!!!!