Saturday, February 2, 2008

Lovin' every minute

Today is our 6th wedding anniversary!! I can't believe it! I could go on and on about Jake and how much I love him. He is my best friend and everything I ever wanted rolled up into one person. I am sure that I will get a few comments on how cheesy this sounds, but I just don't know how else to describe it. Jake and I were talking and laughing and having such a great time together tonight-no kids, just us. We never run out of things to talk about with each other, and we just genually enjoy each others company so much. I was reminded at how much history we have together. We took a walk down memory lane tonight. We were remembering our first appartment, several details about our wedding day and so many other memories that just the two of us share. He has been a part of every life changing event in my life. He has made me the woman I am today by his advice, support and love. I have learned so much through our journey together. I can't imagine my life without him. Do you remember in the movie legacy where she asks him, "Do you promise to make me laugh?" He replys "everyday." I have often thought of that line. That is my life, never a dull moment with Jake, he does make me laugh every day-even when I don't want to. He is the BEST dad and he works so hard for our family. Plus he spoils me, (he suprised me this year with a Kitchenaid Mixer!) He is more than I deserve and I am grateful for his love. One of friends here was teaching a lesson to the Young Women on love. She said that she is always leary of those who want to be your best friend immediately without really knowing you. She said that those who truely love you are those who know your strengths AND weakenesses and graciously overlook them, and love you even for them. I think that sums up marriage. Through all of our ups and downs Jake is "steadfast and immovable" I could never question his commitment to me or our family. I love him more today than I did 6 years ago and I will be eternally grateful for the biggest blessing I recieved that day.
Jake said to me last night that anniversary's are the best because you get to celebrate with gifts the day that you recieved your best gift ever. Any of you who know the Marc Wills song, "Lovin' every minute" I heard that today and I think it sums it up. Here's to millions more!
Our first date. Lagoon September 3, 2001.

5 comments:

Heather said...

What a great post! We love you guys and you ARE a great couple. Sorry I didnt' call yesterday--wrapped up in my own craziness. And just for a note--the song that will ALWAYS remind me of you is: "wrapped up in you" by Garth. Some of that may be all the excessive PDA at Heidi's reception--but it does remind me of those weeks with all the weddings. Love you!

Michelle said...

Thanks, "Wrapped up in You" is actually one of our songs. It is so cute because Luke can sing it, and that really makes me smile!

Sarah said...

Wow! You guys are so cute and I'm sorry I totally forgot to call you. I thought about it Friday. Sorry, but we love you and are so grateful that were bestfriends. Even hundreds of miles apart!

Holly said...

I am so sorry that I didn't call. Things have been really busy here with me going back to work. It's hard to believe that you have been married for 6 years already but then again I can't imagine one of you without the other. You are truley a great pair. We love you both and hope that you had a great anniversary. Love you both!!

Natalie Walker said...

No comments from me about cheesy-ness; I think it is sweet and I think expressing what many call cheesy is probably what is lacking in many relationships. I can't believe it's been 6 years. I remember dashing from my sister's reception to yours and then back. I think you guys are the greatest couple. Shawn and I so miss seeing you guys all the time. You've been one of my two best friends since high school and Shawn really got to love Jake. We were so glad to see you guys when you came to visit. Sorry, I'm straying from my point which is, congratulations on six years - I know you guys were made for eachother.