Monday, March 31, 2008

Have you ever been there?

A few weeks ago Jake decided that he thought the boys would be easier to wrestle during church if we sat on the very back right pew. It has been going well for a few weeks and has been helping to make sacrament meeting less of a struggle. In fact Luke sits better than he did before...until yesterday. Jake went up on the stand to sing with the choir. They began a beautiful music number and Luke turned and looked at me and said, "Mama's turn." Meaning that he wanted me to go up and sing. I explained that it was just Daddy's turn. He seemed unsatisfied so he said, "Baby Ty's turn." Again I explained it was just Daddy. Then he said, "Luke's turn!!!" He turned around and bolted! I threw Ty into the arms of my friend sitting just the pew above and crouched and ran to catch up, but alas he made it to the stage before I could get him. I was so embarressed. Of course everyone laughed about it because most people have been there before.

4 comments:

Joe(y) Speredon said...

I like the back row of the actual rows. There is no one behind you but you still have the row in front of you to keep the kids in. I can't stand the people that let their kids roam during sacrament meeting like they own the place.

Sarah said...

I'm just waiting for Tres or Ellie to do something like that. The pizza thing with Ty is too funny!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

that is hilarious...so far, hasn't happend with us, but I enjoy watching it happen with others and smile:)

I actually think the back row is dangerous because it gives the perception of freedom.

Natalie Walker said...

I am picturing it all in my head right now. Why do we always crouch down? EVERYONE who I have ever seen chase their kid down the aisle crouches down. It's not like we can't see them, or in this case, you. It must be some sort of innate thing where we convince ourselves that no one will notice us, or at least notice us less if we crouch down. Perhaps it's just a form of publicly acknowledging that, yes, we know we are interrupting the service... please pretend to ignore us. In actuality, we could probably run a lot faster if we didn't crouch down. I'm not mocking your crouching down for I'm sure that in a year when Mia makes a beeline for the pulpit, I too, will crouch down and run.